Saturday, April 18, 2009

Morning Bike Ride

Good Morning All,
This morning I rode my bike the 9 miles to my mom's house. It took me about an hour. I woke up before the sun and got ready. With my helmet, my bike (that my awesome husband fixed up), my ipod, cell phone, water bottle, and one glove (couldn't find the other) I headed for Logan. The back roads aren't very busy any way but they were exceptionally quiet for a Saturday morning. Even the busy airport road had very few vehicles on it. Yeah, it was just mostly me with a few cows, marsh creatures, birds, and more dead skunks than any one could hope for. I was ready for anything with my ipod packed with anything from Queen to John Schmitt, from Debussy to Rascal Flatts, and from MoTab to Linkin Park. A rouge screw ripped a hole in the knee of my pants. I was nervous because I was alone and hadn't ridden my bike for years. Most 16 year-olds ask for a car for their birthday, me I wanted my Schwinn. We've been good buds for a while. I am much more a biker than a runner (sorry kadie you tried) Yes, running is hard for me but a stationary bike is just torture. I think I will make my 9 mile run every saturday for the next 8 weeks just as a base line.
Just an update for Ultimate looser; Mom lost 4 pounds in 5 days and I gained 0.8. So that is our first weigh in folks. Fridays are our weigh ins and ever other Friday we get our inches measured. Now go live like you mean it.

2 comments:

Us Egberts said...

WooHoo! Lets Change for e v e r !

-Rachel said...

Carly I'm really excited for you! Your morning bike ride sounds awesome! I wonder how long it would take me to bike to my Mom's house?!... :) Good luck to both of you in the competition!