Monday, August 31, 2009

Wedding Cake Creation

Here is the final cake all set up at the reception center in Vernal. It is made of white cake with raspberry filling, butter cream icing and fondant with brown swirly designs to match her really cute announcements. The bottome layer is made of rice crispies wich Cristy promised to help eat. I will hold her to it. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Wood.
For all those who voted on putting ribbon on the bottom, you got your wish. The cake was only partially done when we brough it to the reception to set up. It was in three pieces. Alysse wanted icing along the bottom of each tier but the icing wasn't cooperating. I did every trick I knew and it still wans't great. But the ribbon made it look 1000 times better to help cover up some imperfections. The rose on the second teir helped as well.

I made a practice cake for Alysse at my home in Amalga. This is what it looked like. A couple of weeks ago I took Alysse to lunch and we discussed the photo below and talk about how she wanted her wedding cake. I'm very glad I did a practice cake. It took a lot more ingredients than I thought it would.


Here is the original picture that Alysse gave me to go off. Its not exactly like it but I think it was a pretty good shot. Thanks to Aaron who helped me on Saturday. It would not have been at the reception hall on time if it wasn't for his help. Also thank you to Sheryl for letting me use her kitchen for the creation period. Thank you for Alysse for letting me make her cake. I hope it met her approval.




7 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

Holy Cow Carly... you did that!!??? AMAZING!! BEAUTIFUL!!! You digust me :) ahhahha, but in a good way... :)

Wilson Family said...

I've always wanted to make a wedding cake. i'm just glad that Alysse said I could. I wanted to make my own wedding cake (it was pretty simple) but I was talked out of it. I would like to do another. I'm glad now that i have something I can show people who may want a wedding cake by carly. Maybe I could even take a class. That would be aweseom!

Candice said...

I'm impressed. Looks great! I've always wondered how fondant frosting is to work with everytime bdays comes around, but it is always too late to work with. Looks fun.

Handley Family said...

What a beautiful cake! That is seriously amazing, Carly. You are so talented. Looks way to pretty to eat.

Wilson Family said...

Candice, I've used fondant for birthday cakes. You can check out my blog for Adon's second birthday. I used fondant. His 3rd birthday is coming up and I'm planning on using it again. Its fun to work with. Its not that tasty so I always put butter cream frosting underneath.

Kadie Egbert said...

i dont have words! it is beautiful, really. just promise to do mine. be practicing your polkadots! actually it will be a long while... practice anyways! thanks for being great to my best buddy! oh yeah, i love yer guts!

Devin and Elisa said...

This is so impressive Carly! I didn't know you did wedding cakes! We didn't have one so someday I might try something just for fun. This one is beautiful!
Elisa