Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Kelsey

Happy Birthday to Kelsey. She is now 20! Mom and Dad survived five teenagers! That's saying something. Here is how Kelsey's birthday cake turned out. I have to say that the flowers make it. They are fresh (not sugar). I love putting fresh flowers on cakes. It always turns out awesome. Aaron and I have learned a lot when it comes to making cakes and we have even found a fondant recipe that we love (it even tastes good).
Birthday girl, cake, and boyfriend just after blowing out the candles. She loved the cake and I was very glad she did. Happy Birthday Bub!

Too pretty to eat? NEVER! Aaron and I can make a really tasty cake! I was very proud of how it turned out. Every one seemed to love the new fondant compared to the store bought stuff I have used in the past. I love learning and cake making definitely has its "tricks of the trade" for sure. Just like everything, practicing helps. So spread the word! Carly and Aaron can make you a cake!



5 comments:

Marcy said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! By the way Carly I am very impressed with your cake! It is beautiful!

Kenzee Jo said...

BEAUTIFUL CAKE CARLY!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Wilson Family said...

Thanks for your comments!

Tiffany said...

beautiful cake carly. love seeing your blog today.

Jelena said...

Way to go Carly! Looks Great! You will have to share your fondant recipe with me, the one my mom used on our cake was terrible!