Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stories about Adon

I have three stories to tell on my little Adon.

1. Throwing Body Parts

A few weeks ago (during church) Aaron introduced Adon to the game of "I've got your nose" You know where you pretend to grab another person's nose off their face and then you have your thumb between your fingers to show them that you "actually" have their nose. Then you stick the pretend nose on your own face. Well during church Adon is steeling Aaron's nose and Aaron is steeling Adon's nose. Then it starts getting out of hand and Adon steels Aaron's belly button. So (in church) various body parts are being stolen. Then Adon stole Aaron's nose (again) and THREW IT over the pew in front of us. Aaron was dumbfounded! Never in the history of "I got your nose" has anyone ever just chucked the most sought after nose!!! Somehow he must have gotten it back and was wearing it while he told me this story after I got home from work. So basically the two of them were throwing body parts in church.

2. King of the Ball

Last Sunday evening (I was at work) and the boys were home playing. Aaron was sitting on the couch with his feet propped up on my exercise ball. Aaron's feet had the ball pretty stable and Adon climbed up and stood on the ball and jumped off onto the couch. "Don't do that" Aaron told Adon. Adon asked "Why" Aaron, "Its dangerous" So, not heeding his dad's advice, (since rocket launching off a huge ball is so much fun) Adon climbed back on the ball. Aaron moved his feet ever so slightly and Adon fell on his "keister" Of course, Adon has gotten wiser with age and new that he wouldn't be getting any sympathy from dad after just disobeying him but he couldn't help but sniffle a little because his pride was hurt. Aaron said "See what happened? I told you it was dangerous and you got hurt because you didn't listen." Adon, with a little whimper in his voice said, "but daddy I want dangerous!"

3. Story Time

Last night I was rocking Collin and Adon was in bed. The lights were out and they were just about to fall asleep. Usually I sing primary songs to them but Adon asked for a story. My mind went blank. I thought maybe I could be a good mommy and tell them a scripture story. I gave a reader's digest version of Nephi getting the brass plates. So I tell them the story and finish up, " God made it possible for Nephi to get the brass plates....yada yada yada... keep the commandments and obey your parents...the end." and Adon said. "Mom, that was a great story!" So today after Adon woke up from his afternoon nap he said "Dad, tell me a story" Aaron said what kind of story. Adon said, "Dad do old McDonald just like Mommy." Apparently, all he got out of my scripture story last night was something about old McDonald.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carly you are a great mom. Keep on enjoying it. Love ya ---