Friday, August 19, 2011

Angel Moroni


Nana, Adon, Collin, and Mommy went to Brigham City to see the Angel Moroni being placed on top of the new temple. Apparently so did the rest of the valley.

The boys were being so good and playing.

The before picture with the flag. We experienced a little trauma during our visit. There is a three feet wide and three feet deep canal running between the tabernacle and the temple. The canal was full of water and it was moving pretty fast. I commented to Nana that I was surprised there were so many kids playing by the fast water and hardly any parents. At that moment, Collin was bumped or fell in the canal. I was a foot away but it was so fast that he was completely submerged before I could grab his shirt and pull him out. Some kind lady brought me back his shoe that had floated swiftly away. My first reaction was to strip him down and put my shirt on him but realized we were in public. So I striped him down to his undies and carried him the 1/2 mile back up to the car. He was a little traumatized but okay. We then went to a local cemetery and had our picnic and watched the angel be placed on the temple. Adon later, on his own, drew a picture of how he felt when Collin fell in the water. He said he was "surprised and scared".

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Oh gosh... that is very scary! Glad he was ok!