Friday, May 15, 2009

Eat Your Heart Out

Eat your heart out Conner and Ryan. This was my first fish I caugh at the Sportsman's Paradise. I haven't fished in over 10 years. I know its been longer than that since I've even caught a fish. I had so much fun! Dad said this fish was twenty inches and maybe 4 pounds. I took his word for it. :) They dont' run much bigger than that here. I'm holding it funny because I all ready dropped the slimy sucker once before we could get it on camera (its a rainbow not literally a sucker).
Yes, I know I look like I don't know what i"m doing but thats okay. Anyone can catch a fish with my dad showing them how. Here I am bringing one in. I was just glad to have caught any fish so I didn't really count how many we actually caught. Dad landed two right off the bat to show me how to hold my hands and to mend. Then I caught two right off the bat.

Two seconds after I hooked this fish, my phone rang. It was Marcy, I hurridly answered it, "hey, I just caught a fish, can I call you right back?" She was very understanding. I wanted to take my Dad fishing for his birthday but didn't know how to make it sound like a presant for him since he would be the one to take me fishing. He was okay with that. He said he would use any excuse to go fishing. Thanks so much Dad!


This was the biggest thing we caught that day. I hooked something in some deep water and couldn't see what it was. But it moved as I tried to bring it in. I got all excited that it was another good sized fish since it felt heavy. As it got closer I realized that it was this large, water logged stick. Ha Ha. Aaron let me borrow his collection of dry flies to go fishing. I lost two of his, one on a bush on one on a fish. I lost, two of dad's worms but hey, "we got to keep the fly shops in business." said Dad.




4 comments:

Serious Person said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kenzee Jo said...

Woo-Hoo!! Go Carly!! :] hahhah

Conner said...

:), looks like fun, Pretty good sized fish. Nice day and lots of fish, can't ask for much more than that.

-Rachel said...

I bet your Dad though this was the best birthday present ever!
By the way, we need him to come visit us in Alaska so he can teach us some good fishing skills. We try hard... but don't catch much. :) That is a beautiful fish by the way. Way to go Carly!