Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First 5K

Hey all you crazy people out there. I just wanted to post one of my little accomplishments. Some of my teammates from Ulitmate looser talked me into running the 5k we had this weekend for Smithfield Health Days. So I got up at 6:30 and went to Mack park where wher took our family photos two years ago. I started in the back because I didn't want to get trampled. There was a 5K and a 10 K race. All the runners started out at the same time. Myself and three other teammates just did the 5K. We ran up the canyon a mile and a half and then turned around while the 10 K runners went on. I was so nervous for the run that I hadn't slept very well that night. We got started and I had my Ipod with me. Thank goodness. Hillbilly Delux was blaring in my ears when we started. I ran the whole way. I didn't stop, thanks to Kadie helping me get through that. I finished in 35 min. 29 sec. I was very surprised considering how slow I run. My number was 167. I finished 118th overall (there were a lot of people there) I wasn't the last one. As a matter of fact, I was the first out of my Ulitmate looser teammates to cross the line. Yay, me~! Kadie would always try to get me to do this stuff and I never would. Runners are crazy, and now I've caught the bug!

2 comments:

Us Egberts said...

I wish I could catch that same bug;o)

-Rachel said...

Congrats Carly! You're doing great, good job on your run and you weight loss competition. You're pretty flipping awesome!
Love You!