Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Fruits of Our Labors

To make a long story short... a few of our nice candles were melted to obliteration. I remelted them and remade a few (safer) candles. They smell too good to just throw away.
Mom and I have been busy this week. At home I did corn (12 bags), salsa (12 pints), and plum/grape jelly (24 bottles). I've helped mom with peaches and she got half ( 9 quarts). Her tomatoes decided they wanted to ripen this week so we made 6 quarts of tomatoe juice. Today we did 13 quarts of yummy pears.


Its beautiful. No?
Later this week, more corn on the way from Vernal. More jelly (gotta use up that puree), more tomatoes (mom's bushes are unstoppable), and more peaches if we are lucky. Later this month or maybe next PUMPKIN! I'm glad I decided to wait till next year to do pickles and garlic. LOL!


No comments: