Sunday, September 20, 2009

Primary Children

Today was our ward's Primary Program in church. Me being the chorister, I was center stage with my back turned to the audience. But enough about me; I just wanted to express my love for my calling and the people/children I work with. We have been working all year to learn these new songs. I love the messages in them about families, Jesus Christ, and following the guidance of prophets. The primary is a good sized primary and they are rambuctious country kids. Each and every one of them is precious and I have become close friends with many of them. I have tried my best to be what would be the "primary gospel doctrine" teacher. They are great singers and always try to please. Today they sang wonderfully and most of the kids had their parts memorized. After each song that they sang, I sat down so proud of them. They even learned to sign Families Can Be Together Forever. They did GREAT! I am so so so proud.
Thank you to each and every one of them. Thank you to the Primary Presidency and the Steak who support me in my calling. Thank you to my awesome pianists they are sooooooo needed and they are soooooo willing to share their talents.

2 comments:

Us Egberts said...

It was exceptional....loved being able to be there and feel the loving spirit of the children and their teachers;0) You were pretty awesome also....very into the children and I could see in their faces that you taught them to love luv the music they were singing.

Kadie Egbert said...

love your guts and your facial features!