Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Wheels On the Bus....

I knew this great upcoming even was going to happen so I kick myself for not having a camera. Because it was totally awesome. The boys and I go to Story Time Wednesday mornings. They usually have a theme and today was transportation. But it was really about big yellow busses. One of the ladies in our town drives school bus, so our teacher asked her to stop by so the kids could ride it. I was watching Riggs so I had three little boys. The bus pulled up in front of the door and the kids got all excited, Adon especially. The bus driver explained the one rule; to sit in our seats and face forward all the time. 15 kids and 6 adults climbed onto the bus and chose our seats. All school buses have that smell and for some reason I remember them being bigger. The boys (all the kids actually) were very good at keeping to the rule. Collin and Riggs sat in a seat and Adon and I sat across the isle from them. We pulled out of the parking lot and drove around the church wich is on the other side of the street. Then we crossed the street again and drove by the park, around Daddy's work and back to the high way. Then we turned back on to the Amalga road and back to Story Time. The kids loved it. They were all wide eyed the whole time. Adon loves buses. Every time one passes us he says, "Mom did you see that bus, or I see that bus" The bus driver even pulled her air horn for the kids (apparently she gets a kick out of the horn too) We then piled out of the bus and continued Story Time. It was a great experience for the kids, even though they won't remember it. Thank you to Sister R. (story time teacher) and Sister M. (the bus driver) for putting together another awesome Story Time Day!

1 comment:

Us Egberts said...

mommie over load (why you forgot camera) I wish I would have seen Adon and Collin and Mommie and Riggs on the bus...do you tend Riggs regularly? Do you give violin lessons regularly? Love your blog...keep on blogging!