Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What Makes You Happy?

Today I went Visiting Teaching and as with other activities I took my boys with me. We have new sisters that we visit. We went to one who has three children as well as, at the time of our visit, was watching her sister's kids as well. Minus Collin taking a tumble down their stairs, the boys had a lot of fun. So much that Adon was in tears when we had to leave. He didn't want to go home. He wanted to stay and play with the kids. He threw a fit the whole way home, full blown water show. We got to the hill just before our house and I said, "Adon we are going home. You can be upset if you want or we can find something to do at home that can help you be happy." Adon "Okay" Me "What can we do that will make you happy?" (This next part is word for word out of my 4-year-old's mouth) Adon, "Be thankful and think of Jesus" Me, "Really? That makes you happy?" Adon, "Yes, be thankful and think of Jesus. But Mom I don't want to be happy" Needless to say I was in tears when I drove into my driveway. Even though he didn't want to be happy right now he recognized what does make him happy. Not many adults know that you can find happiness in Christ and having an attitude of gratitude. Merry Christmas Every One.

3 comments:

Us Egberts said...

Cute...those are the little things that make it all worth while:) Love that little guy!

Kenzee Jo said...

Oh my HEAVENS!!! I would've teared up automatically!! What a sweet heart!! I know you are one proud mommy... Kids are so in-tune. So pure. So Perfect. That's why we learn so much from the daily.

-Rachel said...

Merry true meaning of Christmas! What a beautiful story from such a beautiful boy, who is being raised by beautiful and goodly parents!