Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Child's Prayer

Lately, Adon, has gotten really creative with his prayers. He says what he wants to say and he doesn't want help. I love it. Usually he is praying for things that he really wants like to go to Grandpa Daryl's house. Often I sit there listening and wishing I was recording his little prayers. This one was so great I had to drop what I was doing and write down what I could remember.
Adon: "....I'm thankful for Jesus to come help me not be angry or sad. That we go to the woods and wing...Jesus and his friend make my heart super happy...." This is kind of verbatim because there were pauses, umms, and ands mixed in there. I love listening to little kids pray. Adon's little cousin, Evy, was in the hospital for almost two weeks with pneumonia and we were praying every day for her to get better. That was months ago and even though Evy made a full recovery and had a few bumps along the way. He still prays that Evy will get better soon. I love you little man!

2 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

So precious... I just love it when kdis pray...so innocent and what they feel :)

Marcy said...

what a sweet little man... I sure miss you guys!