Friday, September 10, 2010

Service Auction Birthday Cake

Our Relief Society did a Mother/Daughter service auction. I gave away a cake. One of my beehives got it. Her birthday was this weekend and she came over for me to discuss a design for her cake. From the very beginning this cake did NOT want to be made. Luckily, with some late night effort, Aaron and I came up with this cake. Birthday girl LOVED it!
Close up of the roses. When I was little I watched my Aunt Randy make cakes. They were beautiful. She even made a few for me and they always had these beautiful roses. One day I got to watch her make these roses. My memory fails at where and when but I watched. I remembered, years later, how she did it and this is my version. I was nervous because I never made a single rose in my life. Thanks Randy, for the memories and for your recipe.


2 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Carly you never cease to AMAZE me!!! This cake is beautiful!