Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Tomatoe are TURNING!

October will be here in a few short days and the tomatoes are finally turning! We have worked so hard to keep these tomatoes from freezing and now we a have a few. I've had two or three tomatoe toasted tomatoe sandwiches every day. I'm in love: Toast two slices of sourdough (asiago) bread. Light spread of MW or Mayo (depending on if you have joined the dark side) or avacado *personally I like both. Then slice as much tomatoe as you possibly can keep between the bread. Sprinkle with black pepper and you guessed it a pinch of garlic powder. AMAZING!
We picked another sack to add to these in hopes that we will be able to do some pizza sauce. YUMMY. I have to keep an eye on the boys around the tomatoes. Collin likes to throw them and then step on them. Nearly breaks my heart since every tomatoe is like gold with how much work we have done to get them. Also featured are the LAST of the peppers. We did get one red one though.

Pickled jalepeno and banana peppers. I had so many peppers that I didn't know what to do with thiem and this is after all ready putting aside enough for three batches of salsa. I found out a few of our neighbors like pickled peppers so I pickled them for the first time ever using Aunt Ana's recipe. Got a compliment for them at church today. I never want to see another jalepeno as long as I live. I cut up literally hundreds of them to fill these few pints. I just hate to waste that many peppers.



1 comment:

Us Egberts said...

I still want to try your pickles but I would love trying your peppers also!