Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Invisible Friend?

I am behind on my blogging but I have to add a little insert here.

I woke up from a nap and found Adon watching a show on the computer. He started to say something and I couldn't' understand him. He said, "mom I was talking to Steve." I asked who Steve was and he said "he's a monkey". I then asked him where Steve was and Adon pointed next to him. I tried to get him to tell me more about Steve and where he came from but he wasn't very talkative. So our evening has gone as follows.

Steve sat on top of our clock on the computer during dinner. I told Adon that that was okay as long as he behaved himself.

Adon: Mom, stop teasing me. Come on Steve. Lets go!

Adon was standing by the window and he said that Steve had jumped onto the blinds. Adon: Be careful Steve. Mom Steve is on the window. Mom: That's okay but tell him to be careful. Invisible monkeys aren't covered by our insurance. Adon: Mom said be careful Steve.

Adon will jump onto the couch and say "come on Steve" Then he will make swooshing noises as Steve does some acrobatic jumps to Adon and land gracefully into his hand.

Mom: What do monkeys...I mean what does Steve like to eat. Adon: Um...Bananas. Monkeys like to eat bananas. And they he will grow up really tall.

I will bring you updates on Steve later, especially if he decides to stick around.

No comments: