Thursday, January 6, 2011

Whats For Dinner?

Sorry no picture included, it got gobbled up that fast.

Another version of Pizza.

I love trying new pizzas. This one doesn't' have sauce! I usually make my pizza crust but if you want you can use frozen or refrigerated pizza crust. Mix 1 T. olive oil and one clove of garlic (minced or powdered) together in a bowl and brush on pizza crust. Then add torn up spinach (I used frozen) and thinly sliced tomatoes. 4 oz. garlic and herb feta cheese ( you can use plain feta) then 1 T. ground fresh rosemary. ( I used dried and just a little less than 1 T.) Sprinkle over pizza, then add as much shredded mozzarella cheese as you want. This is the basic recipe. For my variation, I added grilled and seasoned chicken bits, mushrooms and no tomatoes because there weren't any at the store (don't get me started). I can usually get away with making only one pizza to feed my crew as long as I add whole wheat flour to the pizza crust and protein to make it more filling. Yet, there are never left overs. You can also add red peppers or purple onions for more veggies and pop in flavor. If you try this recipe and find that it is dry, you can put regular pizza sauce or Alfredo sauce on it. Bake according to directions (my pizza cooks at 425 degrees for 15 minutes)

For dessert we had my Mom's favorite. Gobbledy-Goop! Yum. Its stove top chocolate pudding over vanilla ice cream. Make chocolate pudding according to directions on box. While it is still hot, pour a couple of spoon fulls over vanilla ice cream. The great thing about this is that you never use up all of the pudding. Place the left over pudding in a few small cups and cool in the fridge overnight and you have dessert for tomorrow! No sweat! Yahoo!

No comments: