Friday, January 22, 2010

I Spy Bottle

On Wednesday mornings I take the boys to Story Time while Aaron studdies. They have a half dozen books that they read on a certain topic. Then they sing a few songs then they have a crafty activity followed by a snack/treat. This week the subject of Story Time was Eyes. We had books about colors and one of my favorite Each Peach Pear Plum. The activity was this ingenious I Spy bottle. If you look into stores for an I Spy bag they are usually expensive. I've been looking for a project just like this that wouldn't spill its contents.
Instructions: Take a 12-16 ounce clear water bottle, remove the paper and wash the glue off. Keep the lid. Add little do-dads, whatever you like. Adon's contains a heart shaped button, an orange bead, a red star, a giggly eye, a carrot, a birthday candle, an orange rubber band, a snap, a button, a bead with the letter O, a penny, ect. You can add what ever you want; a fun noodle, a bean, anything thin that can fit in the mouth of the bottle but a little bigger than a grain of rice. Anything too big makes it too easy so small is good. Fill the bottle a little more than 3/4 of the way full. Then hot glue the lid on. Adon and I played with these for 20 minutes. I would say "I Spy...." and he would find it. Then he would say "I Spy...." and I would find it. It does make a bit of noise when it is shaken and I think that's what Collin loves the most. It is still quite enough to take to church. Yahoo! Aces to whoever came up with this one!

1 comment:

Us Egberts said...

I think this is a great idea also...next year christmas presents!!!