Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Milestone

Happy St. Patrick's Day every one. You all have heard of the Blarney Stone but I'm not writing about that. Today I reached a milestone in my running. Today I ran 5 miles. Once I made it home I was expecting some confetti or trumpets but then I figured that I was asking for too much. I'm still training for my 1/2 marathon and I have never in my life ran 5 miles. I was aiming for going 4 miles but since I have been sick with a head cold, I thought that my regular 3 was going to push it. It has been over two years since I last ran 4 miles so I'm pretty proud of making it 5. Today is a semi cloudy, breezy 35 degrees. I'm thankful for my gear that I broke down and bought so I could run on sunny but cold days. I hope every one remembered to wear green today, and celebrate by eating some sort of green food. Sending you our love from the Wilson.